Wednesday 29 October 2014

Grate poetry



Zaahir wekhaan jaanee taaeen,
Naale andar seene hoo.
Birhon maari nit phiraan main,
Hassan lok naabeene hoo.
Main dil wichon hai shauh paaiaa,
Lokeen jaan madeene hoo.
Kahe faqeer Meeraan daa Baahoo,
Andar dilaan khazeene hoo.
-
I see my Beloved in the world outside.
When I look within, I see him in my heart.
I wander around, worn down with the pain of longing;
The blind and ignorant mock and jeer.
I have found my Lord within my heart,
While the unenlightened go on pilgirmage to Mecca.
Says Bahu, the beggar at his Master’s door:
There are bountiful treasures within my heart.
-

Dil baazaar te moonh darvaazaa,
Seenaa shaihar daseendaa hoo.
Rooh saudaagar, nafs hai rahzan,
Haqq daa raah marendaa hoo.
Jaan torhee eh nafs na maaren,
Taan eh waqt kharhendaa hoo.
Kardaa zaae welaa Baahoo,
Jaan noon taak marendaa hoo.
-
The human body is a magnificent city –
The heart is its bazaar, the mouth its gate.
The soul is a merchant, the ego is a highwayman
Who robs her on her way to God.
If you do not destroy this ego,
It will destroy your life’s great opportunity:
It will make you waste your presious days, O Bahu.
It will shut tight the door to eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment