Friday 31 October 2014

Tan main yaar daa shaihar banaaiaa



Tan main yaar daa shaihar banaaiaa,
Dil wich khaas mahallaa hoo.
Aan alif dil vasson keetee,
Hoee khoob tasallaa hoo.
Sab kujh mainoon piaa suneeve,
Jo bole maasawaa allaah hoo.
Dardmandaan eh ramz pachhaatee,
Bedardaan sir khallaa hoo.
-
For my friend I made my body into a city,
Where I built for him a special home in my heart.
When the one Lord took abode in it,
I was blessed with profound peace.
I now hear his Voice echoing in everything,
Even in voices other than his own.*
Only those who suffer the pangs of love,
Can realize this divine secret;
Others will be rebuffed from the Lord’s court.
*
(God’s own voice is the holy Word or Kalma, which is too subtle a sound to be perceived externally. But once that Kalma is realized within, its pervasiveness becomes manifest in everything – even in the grosser sounds of the Creation).

No comments:

Post a Comment